Monday 25 February 2013

Feeling super rough all week!!

"Alright! It's been kind of a crazy week! My cold developed into a high fever on Saturday (39C) and I have just been feeling super rough all week, but so has half of the Zone! Haha! The Zone Leaders are both sick (I think they made me sick last Monday), Elder McMeikan is sick, the Sisters in Bolton are sick... Everyone is sick! :P We also had a Multi-Zone Training with Elder Kerr which was FANTASTIC! I really enjoyed it! By the end of the 5 hours all everyone spoke about was love :S But it was such a spiritual meeting! I learnt quite a bit!
Tomorrow I will be going on exchange with Elder Omot! He is from Ethiopia.
But yeah... It's been kind of a slow week as I haven't been feeling the greatest, but this week will be great! :)
 
I am so lost when it comes to buses! I don’t think I will ever be able to get the hang of it… I’m supposed to be follow up training, but I almost feel like a brand new missionary again because of how lost I get here in the city! We are going on exchange tomorrow, and guess what… I am staying here in Ashton 2 with Elder Omot! I think we will have a lot of fun trying to figure out which buses to get! I’ve already told Elder Lesueur that if when he gets back he cannot find me, I will probably be on the other side of Manchester completely lost! hahaha
The work here in Ashton 2 is progressing really well! Yesterday at church we were able to see 3 of our investigators at church, and a few recent converts too. In fact, let me tell you a little bit about both of our dated investigators.
T., is amazing! She is so excited to be baptized this coming Saturday! She just cannot wait for it! And we explained to her last Thursday that if she was to still get baptized on the 2nd of March, we had to see her everyday. She willingly accepted that! She loves the Gospel! And she accepts any commitment we give her because she knows it comes from God! She is absolutely incredible! I am so excited for her. Then there is J., a recent convert's daughter. She is also really excited to be baptized!
I also had the opportunity to attend my first Ward Council since Barrow, 4.5 months ago! And what a Ward Council! I really enjoyed!  It’s kind of crazy how much work the ward actually puts into helping members and non-members alike.

Also, on Saturday because of my fever I asked Elder Lesueur for a Priesthood Blessing. During the blessing Elder Lesueur said something along the lines of ‘that you may have a timely recovery’. Now, whenever I ask for a Priesthood Blessing I’m hoping the person will just say ‘Be healed’ because I hate being sick! So when Elder Lesueur said that, I started pondering about it, and 2 Nephi 25:23 came to my thoughts, about how grace is what saves us ‘after all we can do’. I realised that if I wanted God to heal me I couldn’t just expect to be healed without doing anything, I had to do my part. That included, taking medicine, place a damp cloth on my head to keep the fever down, etc. And why did I want to be healed so badly? So that I could go to church the next day, and keep teaching our investigators. As I did my part and trusted in the Lord, yesterday I was feeling well enough to go to PEC, Ward Council, Church and teach both J. and T. I love how the Lord works!"

No comments:

Post a Comment